ATTENTION

We''ve begun teaching our new group. Register for WASSCE SHS Class now; call: 0277 833 779. Be hopeful! www.TopNotchRS.Blogspot.com

Friday 20 September 2013

WHY STUDENT'S FAIL IN MATHEMATICS

1. Read like a novel and don’t practice: math is not English that we should read. It is something you have to practice frequently. Every question must be solved even though you can look at it and know the answer. It is a procedure and if you don’t solve it well but get the final answer, it would be assumed you copied and you would be penalized.

2. Wait till it is exam time and work the whole notes in one week. This can help you to fail. I have tested this and it worked. I used to work the whole example of my math text book a few days to exam, and what I discovered was that during the paper everything jumbled in my head. I would have passed if I had started solving those questions a few months back; by then my mind would have been familiar with the questions and I could have solved them anywhere I met them.

It is possible to be good in math. When I was a JHS student I used to get an embarrassing 20% while I scored ‘A’ and ‘B’ in the other courses but today am a maths teacher but elective and core.
Powered By Blogger